Get our team working for you.
ABORIGINAL – BUSINESS – REAL ESTATE – WILLS + ESTATES
SPRINGFORDS brings a team approach that delivers the best possible legal services to our clients. We bring local perspective and practicality to business law in British Columbia and beyond.
We can assist your business in the areas of corporate governance and structuring, finance design, shareholder agreements, human resources/employment law, debt collection and land acquisition in the areas of purchase and leasing.
We can assist you personally in purchasing or selling property, wills and estates, and employment law matters.
Experience, Knowledge and Results.
Do Good Work.
Our mission is very simple: understand that every legal issue is unique and do your best to seek a practical solution for your client. There is sometimes a gap between business decisions and legal advice. We offer advice, you decide what is best for your business.
Be Good to Our Clients.
We are a firm of strong family values. To us that means that we work hard, have fun and be nice to each other. We take the same philosophy with our legal practice.
Doug’s practice has spanned more than 30 years and includes business, corporate commercial, real estate, wills and estates, First Nations business law, land and taxation. Doug belongs to the Law Society of British Columbia, the Canadian Bar Association, and the Kamloops Bar Association. He instructs at the Nicola Valley Institute of Technology in areas of Business Law and Economics, is a director for the Oncore Seniors Society, and a four (4) time Roy Hobbs World Series Baseball champion. Doug has four grown children and he became a Grandpa for the first time last year.
- 1979 Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Economics, Simon Fraser University
- 1981 Master of Business Administration Western Washington University
- 1984 Bachelor of Laws Queen’s University
- 1993 Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants — In depth tax program.
Chrystie’s practice is presently focused on business, corporate commercial, real estate, wills and estates, Aboriginal business development and First Nations corporate governance. Chrystie belongs to the Law Society of British Columbia, the Canadian Bar Association and is currently serving on the Executive of the Kamloops Bar Association, as well as the CBA Committee on the Business of Law. Chrystie has a little French bulldog named Hazel.
- 2011 Certificate of Global Competency, Thompson Rivers University
- 2012 Bachelor of Arts (History + Politics), Thompson Rivers University
- 2013 Certificate of Private International Law, The Academy of International Law (The Hague, Netherlands)
- 2014 Juris Doctor Degree, Thompson Rivers University
- 2014 Certificate of Negotiations + Leadership, Harvard Law School (Cambridge, Mass.)
Shelby joined Springfords as an articled student and now belongs to the Law Society of British Columbia, the Kamloops Bar Association and the Indigenous Bar Association. Born in Merritt, BC, she is a member of the Upper Nicola Band and is a member of the Upper Nicola Band Assessment Review Board. Shelby’s previous experience is in Finance and First Nations Taxation and her current practice is focused on real estate, wills and estates, and Aboriginal law related to policy development, taxation and custom elections. Shelby has two Cane Corso puppies, named Opie and Harley.
- 2012 Bachelor of Business (Finance and Environmental Economics), Thompson Rivers University
- 2013 Certificate of Investment Funds in Canada, Canadian Securities Institute
- 2017 Juris Doctorate Degree (Specialization in Aboriginal Law), University of British Columbia
We offer three easy ways to contact us.
Call us at +1 (250) 374-6601. We can be reached between 8am and 5pm, Mon through Fri.
Visit us at 8-1540 Springhill Dr, Kamloops, BC V2E 2H1. Click on the map below to get directions.
Use the form below to send us an email. We generally reply within 24 hours.
Copyright © 2018 SPRINGFORDS LAW FIRM. All rights reserved.